Sorry for the delayed preview. If you have ‘Endgame’ and ‘Game of Thrones’ going on (and in my case, ‘Gotham’), you’d understand.
At any rate, here is how I see the conference semifinals shaping out — BEFORE they actually started this past weekend:
(1) Milwaukee Bucks vs. (4) Boston Celtics
Analysis: The Celtics have oodles if experience compared to the rather green (no pun intended) Bucks. That alone should help Boston advance to the conference finals.
Oh, and keep in mind the Celtics beat the Bucks without Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward in last year’s playoffs.
Prediction: Celtics in 6
(2) Toronto Raptors vs. (3) Philadelphia 76ers
Analysis: As talented is Philly is, I’m not picking them over Toronto for two reasons:
1) the Raptors have Kawhi Leonard, the best two-way player in the game
2) the Sixers coach Brett Brown can’t coach his way out of a paper bag against equal competition.
Prediction: Raptors in 6
(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (4) Houston Rockets
Analysis: This should be a classic series, and I’ve got the Warriors edging their arch rivals. Let’s hope the refs don’t fuck it up in the process.
(Watched Game 1: oh my BLEEPING God, the refs suck)
Prediction: Warriors in 7
(2) Denver Nuggets vs. (3) Portland Trail Blazers
Analysis: This is the less sexy out of the four matchups, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be interesting. Both teams can light it up from deep, and that provides an exciting brand of ball.
I just think Damian Lillard and the Blazers are on a mission. They got over the hump in the first round, and they are only getting started. Meanwhile, the playoff-green Nuggets BARELY got by the less talented Spurs. Won’t serve them well here.
Prediction: Blazers in 6