The 2019-2020 NBA season is FINALLY upon us. In fact, this is doubly exciting for me because thanks to a bevy of earth-shattering offseason moves, this is shaping into the most wide open seasons in recent memory.
Reigning NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard to the LA Clippers, which was accompanied by the Clippers trading for Paul George. OKC trading Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets, reuniting him with James Harden. And in the mother of all acquisitions, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant signing with the Brooklyn Nets (it’s hard being a Knicks fan).
And those weren’t the only moves of consequence.
Malcolm Brogdon was acquired by the Indiana Pacers in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks. Jimmy Butler signing a huge free agent deal with the Miami Heat.
Oh, and prayers up for Chris Paul.
At any rate, here is how I see this season shaping out.
* -denotes playoff team
- Philadelphia 76ers-* (55-27)
- Boston Celtics-* (52-30)
- Toronto Raptors-* (50-30)
- Brooklyn Nets-* (44-38)
- New York Knicks (30-52)
- Milwaukee Bucks-* (56-26)
- Indiana Pacers-* (51-31)
- Detroit Pistons (40-42)
- Chicago Bulls (25-57)
- Cleveland Cavaliers (20-62)
Note: what a godawful division this is…
- Orlando Magic-* (44-38)
- Miami Heat-* (42-39)
- Atlanta Hawks (37-45)
- Washington Bullets (35-47)
- Charlotte Hornets (17-65)
Eastern Conference Champ: Celtics
- Houston Rockets-* (55-27)
- San Antonio Spurs-* (45-37)
- New Orleans Hornets (44-38)
- Dallas Mavericks (41-41)
- Memphis Grizzlies (25-57)
- Denver Nuggets-* (57-25)
- Utah Jazz-* (53-29)
- Portland Trailblazers-* (51-31)
- Minnesota Timberwolves (30-52)
- Oklahoma City Thunder (25-57)
- Los Angeles Lakers -* (56-26)
- Los Angeles Clippers-* (55-27)
- Golden State Warriors -* (51-31)
- Sacramento Kings (42-40)
- Phoenix Suns (27-55)
Western Conference Champion: Lakers
2019-2020 NBA Champs: Lakers
Note #2: somewhere, Skip Bayless will be crawled up into the fetal position…
Categories: sports story